I'm planting peas this year - I will freeze the peas and the rabbits love the vines - it's a win/win.
I covered the beds and tires with plastic and added a bit of bunny poop before I put the plastic on - hoping that it won't get so hot that it cooks my 'taters but keeps it warm enough to get thru the cold snap. Wish me luck ;0)
- The best way to garden is to put on a wide brimmed straw hat and some old clothes. And with a hoe in one hand and a cold drink in the other, tell somebody else where to dig.
- Compost is best aged a little like a fine wine. I mean, would you prefer to drink a nice 97, or something that was made last Thursday.
- When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
- A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.
- Spring does not arrive until the ice is out of the compost heap.
- Winter does not arrive until the ice is IN the compost. Until then, all bets are off.
- Any self respecting rock will break at least one shovel before accepting its new home.
- Gardening requires a lot of water most of it in the form of perspiration.