Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rose Grey Alpaca Vest

I've started my Oat Couture Oregon Vest. I found the pattern at the PGH Knit and Crochet show. The minute I saw it I knew I wanted to use the rose grey alpaca/dorset mix. I spun it lumpy and bumpy. I am adding angora in the pockets for warmth. I plan on wearing it at my ourdoor fiber shows that can become really chilly in the mornings. So far it seems easy to understand and follow - even for me (who hates to follow directions - much better to change things and make it my own ....mistakes..er ...patterns ;) So far so good.

The spring rain has started. The tree's have that spring cast to them - and my allergies are in full swing! There's a gabillion (more than a trillion) things I want to do outside - like get that 4 tons of topsoil into the garden - that would be the same 4 tons of mud sitting at the top of the driveway where the delivery guy dropped it off in the RAIN! I love spring ;)